What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address;
- your COHO username, account number, and password;
- payment card information;
- any account-preference information you provide us;
- your computer’s domain name and internet protocol (IP) address, from which the physical location of your computer could be inferred;
- and/or session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in.
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission—although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Acceptable Use Policy or other policies;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- and not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a partner or vendor with whom we have contracted to deliver products or services you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Acceptable Use Policy;
- and/or as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of COHO, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and internet protocol (IP) address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our websites; research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors which we have deemed reputable based on available information, and with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your username or password with anyone else;
- to sign out of the COHO website and other COHO web applications when you have finished using them;
- and to take customary precautions to guard against malware (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable antivirus software.
Notice to European Union users
COHO’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use COHO’s websites and services. COHO does not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or comments?
Thank you for choosing COHO!